Creating a Pill Button
In this tutorial, we'll learn to create a Pill Button to use as a button or even as a logo.
1. Open a new document in Photoshop.
2. Create a new layer. Call it "Pill".
3. Select the Rounded Rectangle Tool. Make sure the radius is enough to get a pill shape rounded corner as you draw.
4. Open the Layer Styles for the "Pill" layer.
5. Change the "Inner Shadow" properties to the following:
6. Change the "Bevel and Emboss" properties to the following:
7. Change the "Gradient Overlay" properties to the following:
8. You should now have your 3D pill.
9. Create a new layer below the "Pill" layer.
10. Select the "Pill" layer so that it is active. Then click CTRL+E to merge the "Pill" layer with the layer below it.
11. Select the Rectangular Marquee tool. Create a selection over half the pill like below:
12. Goto Image > Adjustments > Hue/Saturation.
13. Adjust the Hue slider to change the color of half the pill.
14. You should now have your dual color pill.
15. Create a new layer below the "Pill" layer. Call it "Shadow".
16. Select a grey as your foreground color.
17. Select the Rounded Rectangle Tool and draw a shadow below the pill.
18. Goto Filter > Blur > Gausian Blur. Adjust the slider to get the correct blur for the shadow.
19. When you are done, you should have a nice blurred shadow below the pill.
20. Finally, just add some text and your pill button is complete!
Copyright 2009 © - Photoshop Manipulation - Creating a Pill | Photoshop Tutorial to Make a Pill