Engraved Chocolate Bar
Here is a fun tutorial for anyone to do. Basically, we will create a chocolate bar from scratch and after following the steps in this tutorial, you will be able to engrave text inside. You can also apply the same steps to shapes instead of text to get an engraved image in the chocolate.
Step by Step:
1. Open a new document in Photoshop. For this tutorial, we'll stick with the size 440 x 215 (width/height).
2. Select the Gradient Tool and choose a dark brown to lighter brown color.
3. Click and drag to create a smooth chocolate brown gradient on your Background layer.
4. Create a new layer and name it "Bar".
5. Select the Rectangle Tool.
6. Draw a rectangle shape for your chocolate bar.
7. Open the Layer Styles for the "Bar" layer.
8. Change the "Outer Glow" properties to the following:
9. Change the "Bevel and Emboss" properties to the following:
10. Change the "Color Overlay" properties to the following:
11. You should now have a beveled chocolate bar that looks similar to the one below:
12. Select the Type tool and type out what you want to engrave on the chocolate bar.
13. Open the Layer Styles for the "Text" layer.
14. Change the "Inner Glow" properties to the following:
15. Change the "Bevel and Emboss" properties to the following:
16. Change the "Color Overlay" properties to the following:
(This should be the same color as you chose in Step 10 for the color overlay on the chocolate bar).
17. Click OK to accept changes and you should now have your engraved text on a chocolate bar.
18. The same principles apply to shapes. Just create a new layer and follow steps 12 through 17 to engrave various shapes onto the chocolate bar.
Copyright 2009 © - Photoshop Manipulation - Engraved Chocolate Bar | Make a Chocolate Bar